Tue, Jul 07|
Bald Hill Fire Safety Group
Free Chipper Day!
FIRESafe Marin will be sponsoring a Chipper Event for our Bald Hill Firewise Site on TUESDAY, JULY 7th
Time & Location
Jul 07, 2020, 8:00 AM
Bald Hill Fire Safety Group, San Anselmo, CA, USA
About the Event
We are happy to inform you that FIRESafe Marin will be sponsoring a Chipper Event for our Bald Hill Firewise Site onTUESDAY, JULY 7th. The BHFSG just received notice of this newly organized event and are letting all of you know ASAP so you can participate. We hope thatFIRESafe Marin will continue to sponsor more chipper days in the future with earlier advance notification. But for now let's do what we can to take advantage of this FREE service!
Please carefully read the FIRESafe Marin guidelines as sent to us below.
2020 CHIPPER DAYS
FIRESafe Marin Guidelines:
● Pre-registration is required: Residents will be able to sign up directly on our online web portal. https://www.chipperday.com/marin -- Registration will open 14 calendar days before your chipper event.
PLEASE NOTE: The registration portal is not open YET. If you are not able to register right away, please keep trying. We do not know when the portal will go live but time is short.
● Signup is on a first come first served basis. When we have reached our capacity, any additional registrants will be placed on a wait list. Residents on the waitlist will not receive a pickup unless they receive a confirmation email due to a cancellation.
● Residents need to bring their material to their curb for the chipper pick up by 8 am the day we have scheduled for your site. Pickup could be delayed for 1-2 days due to the volume the chippers are processing.
● Piles are limited to 10 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet in size. Piles and portions of piles larger than 10x4x4 will be left for the resident to remove. Firewise sites run the risk of losing their chipper event the following year if there are too many size violations.
What CAN go in the chipper?
● Tree limbs up to 8” in diameter.
● Shrubs, brush, limbs, woody bushes, pampas grass, scotch broom, cypress, juniper.
● Lay all vegetation the same way with the base of the branch or plant facing the street. What WILL be taken but can't be put in the chipper?
● Roots with rock/gravel/dirt - cut away from the rest of the plant, placed next to pile.
● Palm fronds and bamboo - place next to pile.
What will NOT be taken for the safety of our crews?
● Trash, poison oak, blackberry brambles, firewood, construction materials, lumber, regular yard waste, leaves, lawn clippings.
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org